Weddings for Members
(You must be a Calvary Church member to have a wedding at Calvary Church.)
- Weddings must be scheduled in advance with the pastor and planned with the wedding director.
- The wedding director will discuss all special needs such as furniture arrangement, sound equipment, musical equipment, and decorations as well as implementation of these guidelines.
- The wedding director will schedule the rehearsal, typically held the night before the wedding.
- No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products are to be used on the premises.
- Dripless candles only are to be used in the church.
- If food is served, all food and dishes must be removed from tables and counters, and all garbage must be placed in the dumpster. If used, the kitchen must be cleaned, and any church dishes, utensils, or kitchen equipment must be washed. This service is not provided by the standard custodial fee.
- All decorating and reconfiguring or moving of furniture, equipment, and accessories must be approved in advance. All furniture, equipment, and accessories must be arranged as they were before the wedding.
- No marks or holes should be made on the walls or furniture.
- The wedding director will make arrangements for Calvary approved musicians based on availability.
- If sound equipment needs to be removed from the platform, the sound technician (see charges below) provided by the church will be responsible for the removal and the replacement of the equipment.
- The church is available only during the times mutually agreed upon by the wedding party and the wedding director.
- If delivery of equipment, food, or other items is required, a member of the wedding party must arrange to receive them and store them in an approved area.
- The church is not responsible for any item left on the premises, including rental property.
- Receptions are permitted in the fellowship hall only. No food or drink is allowed in the sanctuary.
- Wedding apparel should be modest and must be approved by the pastor or pastor’s wife. The wedding party should observe all holiness standards of the church, including those regarding outward appearance.
- The ceremony, including all songs, poems, readings, slide shows, and prayers, should be coordinated in writing. The written plans should be given to the wedding director at least two weeks in advance for preparation and approval by the pastor.